Wednesday 21 January 2015

Chokers


hai der

As you know from my previous post, I decided to tell you about my chokers. I've been wearing them a lot recently and they seem to be quite in right now. There are so many different varieties of chokers, but I'm going to tell you about the ones I wear.


I thought I'd start off with something relatively simple, like my tattoo choker. I really like this choker because it goes with anything and looks really cool. I know this sounds quite stupid, but when I first put on this choker, obviously you have to stretch it over your head to get it on; but it made it quite loose and I thought I'd completely broken it! But it turns out after a while they go straight back to normal and adjust to the size of your neck. The same goes for when you remove it too. You can get tattoo chokers from many shops, but mine specifically came from Topshop, when I was shopping with my friends. I got it for £5, which may seem quite expensive but it seems to be the general price for chokers and unless you lose it, it'll last you forever! I thought I'd suggest some other shops, if you don't have a local Topshop, so here are a few that I know of: New Look, Asos, Ebay and Amazon, but like I said you can get them from so many other shops. To conclude this choker, some people like chokers that aren't just black so lucky for them, chokers are now being sold in multiple colours.


This is just an example of some of the colours that tattoo chokers are sold in. Others may be: multi-coloured, dark blue, white, grey, dark green, white etc. But buy whatever suits you...
My next choker is a tattoo choker but with a Ying Yang symbol attached to it. One of my best friends Tiegan bought me this for Christmas, I did ask for it but I was so pleased when I opened it! This is £2.99 from New Look and once again can be worn with pretty much anything. Obviously, this is almost identical to the ordinary tattoo style, but I feel this style makes more of a statement.
This next choker doesn't have the tattoo style pattern, instead just a 13inch black waxed cord. It may be a bit hard to make out, but the emblem is a pepperoni pizza. I really like this because it's a bit different and really cool and who doesn't love pizza?! I got this from an online shop called Silver Moon and they sell many other chokers like this with different emblems and necklaces that appeal to all people, so check it out!
This choker is very similar to the previous one as it also has the same cord and came from Silver Moon too. However, I chose to buy one with the Saturn emblem. I like it because it's quite distinct and contributes to a grunge look. A little bit more information on Silver Moon...their prices range from £4-£6, depending on what you're purchasing. They ship worldwide, come in a pretty little bag with a message saying 'thank You!' and if you spend over £20, you receive a free gift.
This final photo of mine, is just to show you layering of chokers. Chokers look good on their own but if layered appropriately, can look even better! Some people layer 2+ plain tattoo chokers together which I think looks really good. Personally, I don't think a plain tattoo choker layered with a tattoo choker with an emblem is very effective but my favourite chokers to layer are the ones shown in the photo to the right. I think the cord and tattoo pattern look well together and to be more specific, I prefer it with the tattoo choker at the top.

Well that's it for this post, but thank you for reading and I hope I helped contribute some choker ideas and information. My next post will be on my MAC lipstick. Thanks again.

Over and Out
Evelyn Georgia

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the cheeky mention aha love this post<3 tieganlucy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete